CaliYoga is a blog about merging Calisthenics and Yoga.
I’ve been practicing Calisthenics for almost 2 years and I’ve had different injuries along the way. In 2017 I discovered Yoga and this practice made me realize how much toxicity I had in my body because of my workout and lifestyle. So I decided that I wanted to change it and find out if Yoga was actually the right path to help me achieve my goals easily in life.
Calisthenics has many skills that are related to Yoga, some skills are the same as in Asana. What I want to explain through this blog is how to reach Calisthenics Skills and also to shape your body and increase your strength by practicing Yoga.
Before we do so, we have to focus on the meaning of Yoga. Yoga is a union of body, mind, and soul. Why is this so important for calisthenics (and also other experiences in your life)?
We mostly practice sport just to achieve something, but
- we totally forget that our mind might end up stressed by keeping on doing the same things
- we totally forget that our body needs to rest and because we want so much to achieve the goal we end up keeping working out without ease
- we totally forget our soul that’s the only part of the body which is going to be with us forever
By practicing Yoga, not just Asana but also the other 7 limbs, you will help
- your mind by being relaxed, more focused and disciplined to achieve your goals
- your body not geting injured and always in natural shape, you will gain mobility and flexibility which will make you feel more alive
- your soul will be clean from toxicity and will be more open to creativity and you will detach more from practice that will lead you to Samadhi
Follow me on this journey