Sarvangasana or Shoulderstand is one of the poses that are part of the closing sequence. It’s known as the Queen of Asana.
What are the Benefits ?
- Like any other inverted asana It’s important to help the heart to break on pumping the blood.
- It’s giving vitalization to the part of the neck that in rarely occasions has the bending at 90°. This bending straights the muscles of your neck.
- It straights your upper body and it makes you to understand and control the legs for other inverted poses.
- It helps the self-confidence as all the other inverted pose, boost your confidence because you find yourself out of your comfort zone
- Digestion system also feels released because the bowels moves freely.
The list of benefit can be endless, I would recomend to practice daily and I would aslo suggest the counterpose like Paschimottanasana.
What NOT to do while practice this Yoga and who can’t do it?
- While you practice this pose, don’t turn your neck watching on the side but keep watching your toes and make sure you lock your throat. It will make you feel that breathing is slowing down but that’s how it should be.
- If you have back pain and neck pain, avoid this pose
- Heart problem, throat infection, high blood pressure, try to avoid this pose.
- Id kidney and livers aren’t functioning well avoid the pose.
This was a short summary of benefits and contraindications of a very powerful Asana. If you would like to know how to practice properly, you can contact me by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Instagram. You can also check my Instagram to see pictures how to practice this pose.