Hi Yogi and Yogini. If you are reading this post, you probably aren’t a Yoga Teacher yet. If you are a Yoga teacher, comment below and add some other realities and more suggestion to new Yogis!
Shall I do the 200Hr YTTC?[the_ad id=”398″]
I always answered to this question, straight away. YES!
I will list some reason why you shall do the YTTC 200Hr. Which are the reality that you gonna face while you will start.
I have decided to add this quote because this is how you should feel whenever you will decide to start a YTTC.
Here is a list of some thoughts that you should do in advance:
- Ask yourself why you want to get this course, do you want to just improve yourself or become a Yoga Teacher? If you think one of this, then it means that your mind is ”distracted mind”. You can actually learn and enjoy the YTTC. If you don’t know the answer, think twice.
- Which style shall I start with? (See the link where I have explained different types of Yoga) This is an interesting question. For those that are looking for some discipline lifestyle, they should try Ashtanga oriented course. But if you would like to be more general yet traditional, then you should look for Hatha.
- If you imagine the YTTC is like an holiday, then choose the expensive one and fancy one. If you are looking for some real and traditional Yoga, always look for those that aren’t fancy and have small groups of people.
- Be prepared to open your mind and get out of your comfort zone. Probably when you will see the advertise, you will find always people happy and smiling. The YTTC is also about struggle, I affirm that is absolutely fun but you have to consider some issues on the way. You could have light injuries that can’t make you stop practicing or simply sore muscles. Anoter interesting one: waking up early everyday.
- Meditation, Pranayama, Mudra are amazing techniques and once you learn, you will be amazed of the power they have. Think that to achieve a good level of learning, you might get ”bored’ or ”frustrated” when you can’t focus while the other seems to be in peace.
- Leave all the problems behind and your homie taste. I suggest to come in India and practice in this new environment. Remember to control your way of eating and once again, it won’t be a culinary experience while the course will be up.
- The last but not least. Make yourself humble and forget about your background. Start from zero and focus on the practice in that moment, take time to discover yourself and see who you really are.